First, we want to assure you that when we use your data, we are using it to provide you with services and things you purchase from us. We do not ever sell your personal data.
Second, we have third parties who provide services to us so that we can determine what things to offer to you and to fulfill orders you make with Hitail Sports. We share data with those third parties under agreements that they may not use any identifiable information except to complete those services. For instance, we use Shopify to fulfill your orders and PayPal and other credit card services to process your payments. We use reputable companies who comply with security requirements to protect your personal data.
Third, we have programs that may collect additional data, but those programs require your consent, and you provide us with the data.
Fourth, we may connect with you using social media. If you interact with us through social media, we will know what you share and some things about your presence on those media. This is your choice.
Fifth, laws of several jurisdictions may give you rights to ask us to stop using your data. Regardless of where you live, if you want us to delete your personal data, we will do that to the extent we do not need your information to fulfill your orders or comply with business regulations.
1. What Personal Data Do We Collect and When?
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our consumer services, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or use our Site.
The personal data that Hitail Sports collects depends on how you interact with us. We collect data as follows:
If you place an order -
- first and last name
- telephone number
- shipping and billing address
- your sizes if applicable to your order
- payment or credit card information
- login and account information
- screen name, password, and unique user ID;
- browsing history
- website use analytics
- your email
- data on physical characteristics, including weight, height, body measurements, shoe sizes
If you participate in our social media communications and you provide us with your social network credentials, then we can see what you post and what you allow us to see for your location data.
When interacting with our Site, certain data is automatically collected from your device or web browser. This Device Data includes:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information; and
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags.
2. Managing What Personal Data We Collect
When using our Site, we also provide in-time notice or obtain consent for certain practices. For example, we will obtain consent to use your location. We may obtain this consent through the Site or using the standard permissions available on your device.
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of personal data. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices. For more information about cookies, see Section 9 below or visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org. At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” signals sent by web browsers.
3. Why and How Hitail Sports Uses Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data Information that we collect generally to:
- fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- communicate with you;
- tailor our products to your needs;
- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services; and
- when you consent to other services to make those available to you.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud, and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
4. What we do with the Personal Data we collect.
Hitail Sports shares your personal data with:
- Hitail Sports entities for providing goods and services;
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Hitail Sports' behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, advertising, analytics, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features;
- To any other third party where you have provided your consent.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
If you submit a resume or seek to fulfill other staffing requirements, we will use that information solely in connection with your application for current or future staffing requirements, and we may also share your resume or application information with our business partners or affiliates that have staffing requirements for which you may be qualified.
When you use certain social features on our Site, you can create a public profile that may include information such as your screen name, profile picture and hometown. You can also share content with your friends or the public, including information about your Hitail Sports activity. We encourage you to use the tools we provide for managing Hitail Sports' social sharing to control what information you make available through Hitail Sports' social features.
5. Data Storage and Security
Hitail Sports uses a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural security measures including encryption and authentication tools to maintain the safety of your Personal Data and we use Internet Service Providers who have implemented physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to assist with safeguarding your personal information, and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. Only our authorized personnel and our Internet Service Providers who perform legitimate business functions for Hitail Sports are authorized to access your personal information.
Notwithstanding our efforts, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse. Please take care with how you handle and disclose your personal information or any username or password that you are required to use to access services on this Site.
6. Children and Data Collection
Hitail Sports’ Site is a general audience Site. Hitail Sports’ content is neither directed toward minors nor children who are under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Parents who have questions about personal information that may have been submitted by a child under the age of 13 can email us at email@example.com.
7. Regional Privacy Rights
Please note that Hitail Sports needs some of your personal data to fulfill orders and otherwise operate our business. You may have some statutory rights to control what happens to your data beyond these legitimate business needs. You can make some choices in the Settings for your Hitail Sports account.
A. Residents of the US. Several states have passed Privacy Laws in efforts to give you control over your personal data. While only a few states currently have active laws, Hitail Sports intends to protect your data wherever you live. If you want us to correct or delete your data, please click here.
B. Residents of the European Economic Area -- GDPR. If you reside in the European Economic Area, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe via our website in the United States. You have certain rights to the personal data that we have collected about you. If you want us to correct or delete your data, please click here.
8. How You May Manage the Information that Hitail Sports Collects
The first time that you provide us with registration information through our Site, you may be offered the opportunity to subscribe to and receive additional information about our products and services. After your first use, you can change your initial choices by contacting our customer service e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each commercial e-mail that we send to you, will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of continuing to receive such messages. We may take up to 10 business days to process your opt-out requests. In some instances, we may have already shared your information with one of our authorized third parties before you changed your information preferences. In those cases, you may have to directly contact those third parties to opt-out of receiving their communications.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your personal data needed for that order in our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information, or as allowed by our document retention/destruction policy.
9. COOKIES and Pixel Tags
Hitail Sports collects information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Site. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Site such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Site within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Site’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance. You may opt out of these uses of your data by accessing these companies directly.
- Avalara for adding sales tax - https://www.avalara.com/us/en/legal/privacy-policy.html
- Olapic for adding pictures to the Hitail Sports Community - http://www.olapic.com/privacy-policy/
- Certona for recommending products to you - http://www.certona.com/privacy/
- Searchspring/ Nextopia for information on your site searches - https://searchspring.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Hotjar for how you search our webpages - https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/
- Valassis for marketing assistance - http://www.valassis.com/about-us/privacy-policy
- Yotpo for collecting reviews - https://www.yotpo.com/privacy-policy/
- Netsuite for our inventory and ordering system - https://www.oracle.com/legal/privacy/
- Listrak for our emails and SMS/text messages to you - https://www.listrak.com/privacy-and-terms/privacy-policy
- Federal Express for shipping - https://www.fedex.com/en-us/trust-center.html
- UPS for shipping - https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/legal-terms-conditions/privacy-notice.page
- DSI for warehouse inventory/shipping - https://www.dsiglobal.com/privacy-policy/
Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Site through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Site. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media. You may opt out of these uses of your data by accessing these companies directly.
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Instagram - https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875?helpref=page_content
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Other social networks you use
- Google - https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Paypal - https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Your browser provider
10. General Information and Privacy Support Contact